- Cod fish fillet, or Kurau fish fillet or Garoupa fish fillet or White/Red snapper fish fillet – your choice of 1 big fillet piece.
- Organic Black Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Himalayan Pink Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Organic Cold Pressed White Sesame Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Organic Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch
Turmeric Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 -3 tablespoons
- Organic Jaggery Cane Sugar Granules – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh turmeric – 2-3 thin slices
- Fresh ginger slices – 2-3 thin slices
Method of Cooking
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and rub onto your choice of fish fillet that you have bought fresh from the market.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes
- You can either grill the fish or bake the fish, or fry the fish fillet to your liking. (I would prefer it grilled till it is cooked on both sides.)
- Onto a small pan – pour 3 teaspoons of organic cold pressed white sesame oil over small fire and put the fresh sliced of turmeric slices and ginger slices. Slowly the turmeric yellow colour will be infused into the oil. You can remove the turmeric and ginger slices from the infused oil.
- Then add the lemon juice and jaggery granules onto the oil and stir slowly over small fire to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Taste the sauce if it suits your palate (it should be lemony sweet taste with a hinge of ginger and turmeric taste)
- Pour the cooked sauce over the cooked fish and serve with rice.