Ingredients: 2 pieces of free range chicken maryland – wash and pat dry with kitchen towel
- Organic turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Organic ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh lemongrass juice (serai) – 2-3 teaspoons
- Himalayan Black Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Himalayan Pink Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Organic cold pressed white sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
- Organic black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Organic Asafoetida powder – ¼ teaspoon
Method of Cooking
- Mix all the spice ingredients together with the sesame oil till it becomes a thick paste.
- Rub this spice mix paste on the chicken pieces thoroughly and let the chicken be marinated in this spice mix for at least 2-3hours in the refrigerator.
- Turn oven to 170F-180F, put the chicken pieces on a roasting pan and bake one side of the chicken for 20 mins. I would normally put the skin section underneath and bake first. After 20mins, turn the chicken over and bake for further 15mins. Then turn the oven to 200F and bake for another 5 mins so that the skin will turn nicely brown and crispy.
- Collect the sauce from the bottom of the pan and pour onto a serving plate. Add some fried ginger strips to the sauce and then put the chicken on top of the sauce.
It can be served with stir fried vegetables or eaten on its own.